We are the Progreso Latino Fund
Our mission: To empower a diverse Latine* community in the Greater New Haven region through education, leadership, culture and philanthropy.
PLF carries out its mission and creates positive change through:
- Forums on matters of importance to Latines featuring prominent national and local speakers.
- Celebrations of Connecticut Latines who lead from where they are.
- Charitable grants to programs and services that advance Latines.
- A focus on the youth and young leaders.
Celebrating 20 years of Latine Philanthropy
Progreso Latino Fund 20th-Anniversary Kickoff
Thanks to all who joined us at Bregamos Community Theater on February 2, 2023 for PLF's 20th Anniversary Kickoff Celebration! Check back soon for a recap with photos from the event.
Join us with your support and your donation will be matched!
Responding to Hurricane Fiona
Local and national efforts are raising resources to support Puerto Rico and the Caribbean.
Bringing the Community Together
Past Community Events
Did you miss a past event? View the archive of past event summaries and photos.
Leading From Where You Are
Celebrating Latine Leaders
Latine Leaders serving Greater New Haven and Connecticut share their inspiring stories in this series of up-close and personal profiles.
Educational and economic wellbeing
- As of 2021, The PLF endowment is $457,000.
- Since 2003, $174,264 in grants to the community.
2022 grants supported:
- Community conversation at New Haven Pride Center.
- Hispanic Heritage Month events organized by Arte Inc.
- Curriculum development for the new Latinas In Leadership Institute, Latinas & Power Inc.
- Puerto Ricans United (PRU) gala and festival.
- Two scholarships to New Haven seniors.
- 10 matching grants to Latinx-led organizations during The Great Give.
Stay connected with PLF.
Supporting New Haven Scholars
In honor if its Founding members, the PLF Advisory Committee awards an annual scholarship to a New Haven Latino student through the New Haven Scholarship Fund.
Stepping Up in a Time of Need
In 2017, following Hurricanes Irma and Maria and the massive earthquake in Mexico, PLF joined a Latine-led global fundraising campaign to support disaster relief and rebuilding efforts in Puerto Rico and Mexico and assist evacuees who came to Greater New Haven.
PLF Advisory Committee (2022)
- Tara Davila (Co-Chair)
- Yari Ijeh (Co-Chair)
- Angel Bruno
- Gypsy Garcia
- Anaika Ocasio
- Carolina Parrott
- Rev. Edwin Perez, Jr.
- Atty. Erandi Reiland
- Anna Rivera-Alfaro
- Raquel Santiago-Martinez
Use your talents to expand opportunity for Latines in Greater New Haven. Join the PLF Advisory Committee today!
The Progreso Latino Fund was established in 2003 a small group of community-minded Puerto Ricans as their way to give back to the New Haven community which they called home. Their vision was to create a fund that would “promote the educational and socio-economic well-being of Latinos in the City of New Haven and the region . . . with particular attention to the needs of our children.”
Since then, more than 660 contributors have have built a permanent endowment of more than $440,000 that is used to fund grant making, policy forums, leadership-building activities and community events
The Progreso Latino Fund is permanently endowed, which means it will last forever and never stop doing good. An independent advisory committee picked exclusively from within the Latino community guides the actions of the PLF.
Get in touch for more information.
Director of Gift Planning