Entrepreneurs. Small Businesses. Start-Ups. Nonprofits.
Our Mission is to Invest in You.
The Community Foundation Mission Investments Company (TCFMIC) provides entrepreneurs and small businesses in our region with financial resources and access to complementary support services. TCFMIC has a priority for engaging and working with Black, Latino, women, immigrant and formerly incarcerated entrepreneurs in Greater New Haven.
- Equity investments and co-investments in new or growing businesses.
- Start-up and seed-stage micro-loans and loan guarantees.
- Small business and nonprofit loans with flexible terms.
- Access and referrals to business planning, marketing and related support services.
Investing in Opportunity and Equity
Resources for You
- Equity investments for entrepreneurs and existing business, starting at $15,000.
- Micro loans from $5,000-15,000 for start-up ventures. Loan terms of 12-24 months.
- Loans to existing businesses ranging from $10,000- $50,000. Loan terms from 36-60 months with flexible terms and competitive rates.
- Connections and referrals to local vendors and mentors for technical assistance services to assist with the growth and success of existing businesses or start ups.
A nonprofit loan pool, created in partnership with donors’ charitable resources, offers flexible loans to local nonprofits for the purchase, expansion or renovation of property and equipment, or for working capital during low cash flow periods.
Supporting Greater New Haven Business
A Loan at the Right Time
When COVID-19 struck, lockdown restrictions threatened Julie Robbins’ massage therapy and wellness clinic, The Well for Women. The Well has managed to survive with the support of a low-interest loan from The Partnership Loan Program for Minority and Women-Owned Businesses in Greater New Haven, a program created and funded by TCFMIC.
How Can We Help?
Arthur W. Thomas III
Director of Entrepreneurial Initiatives and Inclusive Economic Opportunity
A.F. Drew Alden
President & CEO
The Community Foundation Mission Investments Company