Resources for developing job descriptions
- Job description template from about.com
- Writing Effective Job Descriptions from the US Small Business Administration
- Creating an inclusive job description.
- How to interview potential employees and related articles from about.com
- Job Interview Questions that are illegal from about.com
Resources that post nonprofit job openings
List your open position or search for employment in the nonprofit sector.
- The Alliance: The Voice of Community Nonprofits
- Nonprofit Professionals
- Executive Searches – senior-level positions in nonprofit sector
- The Chronicle of Philanthropy – Philanthropy Careers
- The Nonprofit Network
- Foundation Center – Job Corner
- Nonprofit Oyster
- BridgeStar – for senior management jobs in nonprofit sector
Additional job search resources
- Consolidated info around equity practices, policies, and hiring practices from The Management Center.
- Information for a successful career helping others: A Guide to Public Service and Nonprofit Jobs from FireScience
- Recruiting and Selecting the Right Employees from about.com
- Student Training & Education in Public Service (STEPS)
- Volunteering and Nonprofit Careers: An open-access, expert-driven guide to nonprofit career opportunities from learnhowtobecome.org
Help us make our Resource Center better. Your suggestions on topics to be covered, additional resources and new information are important to us. Please use this link to give us your ideas.