Maintain Assets Under Management
You have long-standing and valued relationships with your clients as their financial advisor. Your clients may want you to have a hand in managing all of their investments, from retirement to charitable assets.
Enter The Community Foundation’s Custom Investment Partnership Program (CIPP) — a new investment option that allows your clients to create a charitable fund, and benefit from our extensive grantmaking experience while keeping their assets under your management.
Our staff connects your clients to organizations that get great results, have brilliant ideas and demonstrate good governance and financial controls.
With an initial gift of $100,000 or more, your clients can transfer their assets from a private foundation, a donor-advised fund held elsewhere, cash or securities — even gifts of non-cash assets are possible.
The CIPP offers your clients enhanced service — a powerful combination of your investment and financial management expertise and The Foundation’s 90+ years of philanthropy, community knowledge and network of resources.
Benefits to the Advisor
- Maintain a lifetime relationship with your client
- Provide clients a full-service, one-stop resource to achieve their financial and charitable goals, including legacy planning
- Integrate estate planning and business succession planning with clients
Benefits to the Client
- Access to Community Foundation knowledge resources and events, including donor briefings on important local, state and national issues
- Opportunities to network with like-minded philanthropists
- The ability to designate a future charitable purpose for their fund, including specific organizations, a field of interest or broad purposes
- The ability to name successor advisors for their fund
- Streamlining charitable donations
- Online grantmaking ability and 24/7 access to fund information
Custom Investment Partnership Application
This Memorandum of Understanding (“MOU”) establishes general responsibilities and guidelines for the Custom Investment Partnership Program at The Community Foundation for Greater New Haven Inc. (“The Community Foundation”) between The Community Foundation and a recommended Investment Advisor (“Investment Advisor”).
Due Diligence Questionnaire
To be completed by professional advisors who have been recommended by their clients to The Community Foundation for Greater New Haven for the Custom Investment Partnership Program.
The purpose of the questionnaire is to provide a clear understanding of the roles of the professional advisor, the investment advisor (“Investment Advisor”) and the investment program and strategy that will be employed in the management of the client's fund.
Donor Investment Request
The Donor Investment Request form is used by donors or potential donors to The Community Foundation to recommend an investment manager for approval and acceptance in the Custom Investment Partnership Program.
Get in touch for more information
Director of Gift Planning
Sharon Cappetta, CAP®
Director of Development