General Operating Support (GOS)
Available only to nonprofits with 50% or more of the population it serves residing in the 20-town region served by The Community Foundation for Greater New Haven and the Valley Community Foundation.
General Operating Support is defined as a grant made to further the general mission and work of an organization, rather than for a specific purpose or project. General Operating Support gives nonprofits flexibility to direct their spending where it is needed most and allows greater focus on achieving an organization’s mission.
One-year and multi-year grants
- Grants are available for terms of one, two or three years.
- Applicants must be serving people within the Community Foundation's twenty-town region and meet The Foundation's minimum eligibility requirements.
- Applicants must have had active programming for at least 2 years.
- Applicants must have a published giveGreater.org® profile.
- An organization cannot apply if it has a current GOS grant that ends later than Dec. 31, 2024.
- Applicants who received a grant from The Community Foundation for Greater New Haven or the Valley Community Foundation in the previous three years must be up to date with all reporting requirements.
- Organizations can apply for either a Small Grant OR a Responsive Grant – not both.
Additional document needed to complete your application:
- giveGreater.org® Profile Checklist [Doc, 127KB]
Application deadline is March 11, 2024 at 5:00 p.m.
giveGreater profile due March 18, 2024, 5:00 p.m.