General Operating Support (GOS)
Available only to nonprofits with 50% or more of the population it serves residing in the 20-town region served by The Community Foundation for Greater New Haven and the Valley Community Foundation.
General Operating Support is defined as a grant made to further the general mission and work of an organization, rather than for a specific purpose or project. General Operating Support gives nonprofits flexibility to direct their spending where it is needed most and allows greater focus on achieving an organization’s mission.
- For 2023, one-year grants are available.
- Applicants must be serving people within the Community Foundation's twenty-town region and meet The Foundation's minimum eligibility requirements.
- Applicants must have had active programming for at least 2 years.
- Applicants must have a published giveGreater.org® profile.
- An organization cannot apply if it has a current GOS grant that ends later than Dec. 31, 2023.
- Applicants who received a grant from The Community Foundation for Greater New Haven or the Valley Community Foundation in the previous three years must be up to date with all reporting requirements.
Additional document needed to complete your application:
- giveGreater.org® Profile Checklist [Doc, 127KB]
Applications are closed for 2023. Please check the Grant Schedule at the following link for details on next year's timeline: