Foundation steps relating to COVID-19
To keep our community safe, healthy and informed, here is what The Foundation is doing in response to COVID-19 (Coronavirus).
Keeping Our Community Healthy, Safe and Informed
To Our Greater New Haven Community:
Health officials recommend social distancing as a course of action to combat the spread of the COVID-19; social distancing is widely seen as the most effective means of slowing the spread and reducing the impact of COVID-19 among our employees, their families and the communities in which we all live.
On this advice, The Community Foundation is notifying our community that we are taking the following steps in response to COVID-19 (Coronavirus).
The Community Foundation office at 70 Audubon Street in New Haven is closed until further notice to visitors; however, The Community Foundation is open (virtually) for business. What this means:
- The staff of The Foundation are available to conduct business via email or by phone during normal business hours (8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.).
- Our community is encouraged to contact staff members either by email or phone to conduct business during normal business hours. Emails is preferred, and in cases where a staff member is not immediately available by phone, please leave a message and your message will be returned as soon as possible. See staff directory here.
- To reach The Foundation's President & CEO, Will Ginsberg, please use email.
- Please do not come to The Foundation's office at 70 Audubon Street in New Haven until further notice.
The Community Foundation will not hold events or host external meetings in person. Therefore,
- The Foundation's Annual Meeting and upcoming donor briefing are postponed.
- Capacity building workshops will also be rescheduled.
- As soon as alternative plans are confirmed, we will notify people by email and news will be posted to The Foundation’s website at www.cfgnh.org.
- When possible and desirable, meetings and other gatherings will be held virtually; you will hear from Foundation staff about these arrangements.
The Community Foundation is gathering information about the impact of COVID-19 on our community's nonprofit sector and the people served by our nonprofit community. Like for-profit organizations, nonprofits are grappling with an unprecedented situation, as they work to protect their clients, donors and staff members against the spread of COVID-19. They will need our community's support.
See our COVID-19 Responses page for more information.
The Foundation encourages our staff, donors, nonprofits and all members of our community to stay informed about COVID-19 and to practice safe habits. The CDC website is a good resource for both. You may also call 2-1-1, text "CTCOVID" to 898211 or visit the State's coronavirus information website at www.ct.gov/coronavirus.
Thank you for your patience; as updates are known, we will communicate about them. Information will be shared via The Foundation's website (www.cfgnh.org/covid-19), email and social media channels. You may also call us at 203-777-7098 to hear a recorded message.
last updated 03.16.20 11:00 a.m.