Broadening Reach and Deepening Relationships
June 26, 2020
Making our Growth Truly Inclusive: A Diversity of Perspectives
|Pictured l-r at The Foundation's September 2019 Convening: Onyeka Obiocha, managing director at Tsai Center for Innovative Thinking at Yale; Alexis Smith, executive director of New Haven Legal Assistance; Patrick Dunn, executive director of New Haven Pride Center; David Addams, executive director of William Caspar Graustein Memorial Fund; and Jacob Padrón, artistic director at Long Wharf Theatre.|
- Inclusion is about who is invited to the table and how the table is set.
- Strive for justice in all interactions.
- The work of undoing racism is uncomfortable.
- Building up and supporting the agency of individuals is needed before disparities will disappear.
- If we don't have inclusion, growth is irrelevant.