Stepping Forward: Advancing Opportunity and Equity in the Time of COVID
Feb 01, 2021
6:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
Opening Statement: Flemming L. Norcott; Panelists: Khalilah L. Brown-Dean; Addys Castillo; William W. Ginsberg; Onyeka Obiocha; Marcella Nuñez-Smith; Moderator: Jacqueline Rabe Thomas
The Community Foundation for Greater New Haven is hosting a panel discussion and community conversation entitled Stepping Forward: Advancing Opportunity and Equity in the Time of COVID about its newly announced $26 million, three year commitment called Stepping Forward.
Stepping Forward is an unparalleled response in The Foundation’s 90+ year history to the unprecedented impact of the COVID-19 pandemic and to the racial inequities that have for far too long existed in our community. Tune in for a panel conversation about this bold work, the needs and opportunities that inspired it, and to collaboratively imagine how we can emerge stronger than before the pandemic and advance racial equity together.
Flemming L. Norcott, Community Foundation Board Chair and Retired Connecticut State Supreme Court Justice
Jacqueline Rabe Thomas, Education, Housing and Inequality Reporter at The CT Mirror
- Khalilah L. Brown-Dean, Ph.D., Community Foundation Board member and past Chair; Associate Professor of Political Science and Senior Director for Inclusive Excellence at Quinnipiac University
- Addys Castillo, M.S., M.P.A., Executive Director of Citywide Youth Coalition
- William W. Ginsberg, President & CEO of The Community Foundation
- Marcella Nuñez-Smith, M.D., M.H.S., Community Foundation Board member and Vice Chair; Associate Professor of Medicine, Public Health and Management; and Founding Director of the Equity Research and Innovation Center (ERIC) at Yale University; one of three co-chairs of the Biden-Harris COVID-19 Health Equity Task Force
- Onyeka Obiocha, Managing Director at Tsai Center for Innovative Thinking at Yale University
- Garrett Sheehan, President & CEO of the Greater New Haven Chamber of Commerce