2023 Annual Meeting (RECAP & RECORDING)
The President and Board of Directors invite you to the 2023 Annual Meeting
May 02, 2023
Hybrid: Online or in person at The Carousel at Lighthouse Point Park, 2 Lighthouse Road, New Haven
Marcella Nunez-Smith, MD, MHS, Board Chair; Keith B. Churchwell, MD, FACC, FAHA, FACP, Board of Directors; William W. Ginsberg, President & CEO
On May 2, 2023 The Community Foundation welcomed attendees both online and in person at The Carousel at Lighthouse Point Park.
2023 Annual Meeting Program
The Chill Band, featuring Monk Youth Jazz
"A Time of Progress," William W. Ginsberg, President & CEO
Conversation and Reflections: Opportunity and Equity
Marcella Nunez-Smith, MD, MHS, Chair, Board of Directors
Keith B. Churchwell, MD, FACC, FAHA, FACP, Board of Directors
Kicking off The Great Give 2023
Jackie Downing, Senior Director of Grantmaking and Nonprofit Support
Watch the Highlights
What We Heard
- The Foundation’s strategic vision is centered on advancing opportunity and equity as one shared goal.
- The past three years has challenged The Community Foundation to work differently to support the community and Greater New Haven nonprofit organizations.
- While Stepping Forward supplemental resources are ending, advancing racial equity and creating opportunity remain top priorities for The Community Foundation.
- New Haven’s growing medical and biotech corridor is expanding opportunity.
- Yale New Haven Hospital is investing in creating pathways to medical careers for local residents in order to meet its employment needs.
- Hospitals, historically focused on acute care treatments, are increasingly looking to improve long-term health with community outreach and investments.
- COVID was a transformational learning experience for the health system.
- While nationally, people of color had a significantly higher mortality rate from COVID than that of the white population, at Yale New Haven Hospital, they had a lower mortality rate than the white population.
Watch the Full Recording
Kicking Off The Great Give 2023
With The Great Give online fundraiser taking place on the day following the annual meeting, Jackie Downing, Senior Director of Grantmaking and Nonprofit Support, inspired attendees to support Greater New Haven nonprofits during the 36-hour online giving event.
"Our motto is 'together we raise, together we rise,' and we truly believe that. Each organization benefits from each gift they receive and each new donor relationship. The Great Give can inspire generous people to explore the nonprofits in our area and give to those with which they connect. The donors of Greater New Haven are extraordinarily generous."
2022/23 Report to Our Community
Printed copies of the 2022/23 Report to Our Community were handed out to in-person attendees. Download a digital copy here.
Would you like a printed report? Please request a hardcopy report here.
If you were able to join us, please take a moment to share your feedback by filling out our brief survey. Your feedback is important to us!
Questions? Please contact Carmen Burgos.