Immediate Resources for Community Needs
from STEPPING FORWARD SPECIAL EDITION OF CONNECTIONS
Stepping Forward is the largest community investment in The Community Foundation's history. Beginning in 2021, The Foundation is using certain unrestricted and preference funds as collateral for a 10-year loan. This unprecedented action together with monies raised from donors will support a major increase in discretionary spending by The Foundation over the next three years.
Enhanced and New Grant Making
Stepping Forward also creates important changes in grantmaking priorities and processes, including:
- New grant programs and more funds for existing programs.
- Significant increases to flexible funding for local nonprofits.
- COVID-19 relief and recovery.
- Funding to advance racial equity and dismantle racism and gender inequity.
- Increased funding access for small and emerging nonprofits and organizations coming to The Foundation for the first time.
- Leadership development for nonprofit leaders who are people of color.
- Funding for change-makers, including the arts, who are advocating and organizing to heal and dismantle inequitable systems and structures in our society.
- New funding opportunities for community-based, grassroots organizing groups that raise community voices.
- Increased investments in minority and woman entrepreneurs, small businesses and the New Haven entrepreneurial ecosystem.
These grant and loan programs are part of the initial roll out of Stepping Forward. Program enhancements and additions are anticipated as The Foundation continues to engage in and collaborate with the community. See the most up-to-date information about enhanced and new grant processes, eligibility, deadlines and applications.