In creating a scholarship, you invest in your community's future and help students - from preschool to postgraduate - achieve their lifetime dreams. You can create a scholarship as a memorial to someone special, selecting eligibility criteria that exemplify that person's goals and values. Or, you may use it to express your educational values - or those of your family or business. Depending on your preferences, the scholarship you establish can support any area of academic need, including tuition, room and board, and books.
How it Works
- You make a gift to The Community Foundation - you can give cash, appreciated stocks, real estate, or other assets.
- We set up a scholarship in your name, in the name of your family or business, or in honor of any person or organization you choose.
- You receive tax benefits in the year your gift is made.
- Our professional staff helps you to determine eligibility requirements for the scholarship you establish - whether they are based on a student's field of study, academic achievements, extracurricular activities, financial need, background, or geography.
- We award scholarships in the name of the fund you establish.
- You receive updates on the impact your gift is making in our community.