Take These Easy Steps for Effective Philanthropy
You may have questions about your role as a philanthropist and how you can impact your community. We have some answers.
You Are the Center of Your Philanthropic Plan
You may have questions about your role as a philanthropist and how you can impact your community.
Where do you see yourself today? What opportunities do you want to seize? What problems do you want to help solve? What do you want as your legacy?
We have some answers.
Easy Steps for Effective Philanthropy
- Identify causes you care most about
- Resist urge to respond to every solicitation letter or email.
- Consider giving appreciated stock; it will likely save you money so you can give more
- Be planful - learn about gifts that provide income to you and/or a loved one and later support organizations important to you.
- Be proactive - call your attorney to discuss the merits of including a charitable bequest in your will.
- Get involved - join a nonprofit board, volunteer, share your expertise, inspire others.
- Tell your family about your giving and why you do it. Ask them the question: Our Community's Future . . . What Inspires You?
For a confidential consultation, contact Dotty Weston-Murphy at 203-777-7081 or email@example.com.