Grant Opportunity: Mental Health and Education serving the Latine Community
Grants available to organizations providing access to mental health care and education to the Latine Community.
Cultural stigmas and social taboos make mental health a difficult topic, creating barriers to seeking treatment and leaving communities vulnerable to suffering from mental health issues. Our Latine community is far more likely to face these barriers as well as inadequate access to culturally appropriate treatment.
To address this issue, the Progreso Latino Fund is awarding grants to Greater New Haven organizations providing the Latine community access to affordable mental health care and education. Award amounts will range between $3,000-$10,000.
Eligible organizations include those providing or bridging clinical services as well as those working in the eight dimensions of wellness: physical, spiritual, social, intellectual, emotional, occupational, environmental and financial.
Examples of funding requests may include:
- Outreach and Education around the availability of programs to link to subsidy for mental health services.
- Programs that educate the Latine community to lower the stigma of seeking support for mental health care.
- Clinical mental health services.
- Support programs for coping with loss, grief, child rearing, caring for loved ones, etc.
- Creative arts and other programming that provides therapeutic support.
Application Deadline: June 9, 2023
The Progreso Latino Fund’s mission to empower a diverse Latine community in the Greater New Haven region through education, leadership, culture and philanthropy. Learn more about PLF here.