Meeting the Moment
The Foundation’s Response to the Pandemic, 2020-Present
Two years since the onset of the pandemic, The Community Foundation begins this status update on pandemic-related activities with a grateful thank you to donors for their unwavering community support. The Greater New Haven COVID-19 Community Fund, created in partnership with United Way, raised and distributed $4.3 million for nonprofits between 2020-21. Donors rallied during the two Great Give events, adding an additional $7.1 million for nonprofits.
In ’21, The Community Foundation launched a $26 million, 3-year commitment called Stepping Forward to address the impacts of COVID-19 and advance racial equity. Under this work, TCF has:
- held a series of listening and learning sessions;
- added nearly $1.7 million to the ’21 responsive grant program;
- removed barriers and improved access through streamlined grantmaking processes;
- added three new permanent funds; and
- in ’22 will be deploying $12 million in discretionary community investments, an increase of approximately $3.8 million from pre-pandemic levels.