Joining a Nonprofit Board
March 20, 2020
9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. (check-in begins at 8:30 a.m.)
The Community Foundation for Greater New Haven
70 Audubon Street, New Haven
Presented by Maryann Ott, Managing Director at NewAlliance Foundation, and Jackie Downing, Director of Grantmaking and Nonprofit Effectiveness at The Community Foundation for Greater New Haven
Apply for this training program if you are interested in joining a nonprofit board. This training will explore:
- What is expected of you, legally and ethically.
- The 10 basic responsibilities of board members.
- What an effective board meeting looks like.
- What you need to know about nonprofit financial statements for proper oversight.
- Fundraising made fun.
- What to expect in being recruited and oriented to a Board.
- How to find nonprofits that inspire you to serve.
Class size is limited to 20 people. All interested applicants will be contacted to discuss participation in the program.
Questions? Please contact Stephanie Chung at 203-777-7077.
> Return to the Workshop & Events page.