Overview & Facts About The Community Foundation
|The Community Foundation's offices are located at 70 Audubon Street in New Haven, CT
We're turning 85 this year!
The Community Foundation for Greater New Haven is a philanthropic institution that was established in 1928. For 85 years, thousands of donors have built the community endowment by establishing permanent funds or making gifts to existing funds that distribute grants to nonprofit organizations. These donors, past and present, make their gifts to ensure that programs and causes that matter most to them will be supported today and forever.
The Community Foundation is among the oldest and largest of more than 700 community foundations in the United States and remains the largest grantmaker in a region of twenty-towns located in the heart of central Connecticut. The Community Foundation is recognized by the IRS as a 501(c)3 organization, and as such is exempt from federal income tax; donations are tax deductible to the fullest extent of the law.