The following position is open; application deadline is 5:00 pm on Friday, March 3, 2017:
JOB TITLE: Healthy Start Program Manager
PROGRAM: New Haven Healthy Start
REPORTS TO: Director of Healthy Start
New Haven Healthy Start (NHHS), a federally-funded urban health initiative and program of The Community Foundation for Greater New Haven, is seeking a qualified candidate to fill the position of Program Manager.
New Haven Healthy Start focuses on infant mortality and the elimination of racial and ethnic disparities in birth outcomes. Its primary goal is to reduce the infant mortality and morbidity rate in the City of New Haven. Currently in its fifth round of federal funding (2014-2019), NHHS is focused on: improving women's health, promoting quality services, strengthening family resilience, achieving collective impact, and increasing accountability through quality improvement, performance monitoring and evaluation.
The New Haven Healthy Start Program Manager will assist the NHHS Director in all areas of Healthy Start implementation, including interaction with and support to funded sites, assurance of ongoing quality improvement efforts at sites, and compliance with federal data and documentation requirements. S/he will also assist in assuring full integration of Healthy Start with city-funded perinatal services and linkage of NHHS to other programs relevant to the health and wellbeing of women, infants, fathers and families. The NHHS Program Manager will represent the program and expand the program’s presence among local and statewide community partners as designated by the Director.
Specific tasks for which the New Haven Healthy Start Program Manager will have primary responsibility:
- Working with subcontractors and administrators to monitor contract compliance and implement Quality Management and Assurance System (QMAS) including monitoring monthly and quarterly reports and hosting compliance meetings with subcontractors
- Assisting in the preparation and submission of federal data reporting requirements. The Program Manager will work closely with Core Services Manager and Evaluators conducting data verification and related data analysis
- Assisting Director in ensuring all data is inputted into database for the National Evaluation
- Planning and implementation of the Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement Perinatal Learning Collaborative
- Coordinating the process for development of federally mandated annual reports and reapplications
- Working closely on all of these activities not only with the NHHS Director but with Evaluators, Data Managers from other organizations, including the CT State Department of Public Health
- Attending and participating in all Community Action Network (CAN) meetings
- Representing the Director at meetings and Healthy Start activities, as required
- Serving as back up to CAN Coordinator and Core Services Manager, as required
- Performing functions as Acting Director, as required
- Interacting with the federal Project Officer, as designated by the Director
- Master’s degree in public health or related field or bachelor’s degree in related field and at least five years of leadership experience in a related program area
- Successful experience convening and working with community-based organizations, and working with consumers and other community stakeholders
- Excellent writing and editing skills; effective public speaking skills
- Ability to interpret and present basic public health data and to explain the meaning of public health statistics
- Ability to develop and implement workplans and timelines
- Ability to manage complex tasks and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated commitment to health equity and to women’s health
Please submit cover letter and resume to Human_Resources@cfgnh.org by 5:00 pm Friday, March 3, 2017. No calls please.