The following position is open at The Foundation:
The Community Foundation for Greater New Haven, the region's largest grantmaker and permanent charitable endowment, is seeking a qualified candidate for Development Manager. The Community Foundation’s mission is to create positive and sustainable change in Greater New Haven by increasing the amount of and enhancing the impact of community philanthropy.
Title: Development Manager
Department: Development and Donor Services
Reports to: Director of Donor Services & Development Operations
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The Development Manager provides management and a strategic approach to a more efficient development moves management, prospect research function and data segmentation program as well as other responsibilities as assigned.
- Manages the prospect research and analysis to inform portfolio assignment and management, as well as outreach strategies
- Manages the gift entry and acknowledgement processes to ensure accurate allocation and timely acknowledgement of donor gifts
- Works cross-functionally to monitor and complete the new funds set up process
- Provides consistent, high-quality customer service to donors, professional advisors and other constituent groups
- Manages the coding and accurate lists for constituent audiences
- Responsible for a portfolio of donors
- Is a Raiser’s Edge resource for Development & Donor Services
- Provides support to managing and training volunteers, supports donor & advisor events as needed
- Participates in cross-departmental teams
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Demonstrated experience working in a fast-paced environment, with positive customer service expectations and with diverse populations
- Self-direction and ability to direct and participate in teams
- Excellent written, analytical and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated administrative and data entry skills and highly skilled in technology and office software including Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Working knowledge and experience with Raiser’s Edge preferred
- A commitment to an inclusive environment
- Superior organizational skills and eagerness to multitask
- Strong project management skills
Applicants should submit letters of interest and other related support material to Human Resources no later than March 8, 2019. Applicants should also indicate in the body of the email where they saw this job posting. No phone calls please.
Thank you for your interest.
The Community Foundation for Greater New Haven is an equal opportunity employer.